ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY CONSULTANT
for GOVERNMENT AGENCIES • CORPORATIONS • NGO's
For over 22 years - parallel to her Yoga career - Goli has helped design and implement innovative Environmental Programs and Public Education Campaigns for: Corporations, Manufacturing Plants( including BP SOLAR), Government Agencies, and an array of Environmental Organizations, including the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) and Global Green USA. Based in Los Angeles, CA, she has worked as an Environmental Sustainability + Zero Waste Consultantshe helps companies establish excellence in environmental stewardship and distinguish themselves from the norm.
- INCREASE EFFICIENCY: By addressing Waste/Food Waste, Water, Energy, Chemicals, Purchasing + Transportation (where applicable) -- Goli works with Companies to help increase overall operational efficiency.
- SAVE MONEY: By increasing operational efficiency (ie. reducing waste, water, energy, purchasing of supplies,) Companies Reduce Operational Costs + Save Money.
- INCREASE HEALTH + WELLNESS: By reducing toxic cleaning/industrial chemicals used on-site, companies achieve less exposure to harmful chemicals and increase Employee/Client/Guest Health + Wellness.
- PROTECT THE PLANET: This in turn, helps protect Marine Life, the Soil + the Planet.
- INCREASE POSITIVE PR: The long list of positive accomplishments upon completion of a project helps companies gain prestige, recognition, positive PR + marketing.
CLIENT + PROJECT LIST:
- HOTEL BEL AIR: Goli is currently working as the lead Sustainability Consultant working with the Hotel Bel Air's Director of Operations to green it's Operations. She is pushing the envelope with Green Initiatives to reduce energy, water use, food waste and chemical use among other other things such as Solar panels, etc.
- In partnership with GLOBAL GREEN USA, Goli is leading the design and implementation of an integrated Greening and Wellness Program for the FOUR SEASONS HOTEL, DOHENY DRIVE in Beverly Hills. So far she has succeeded in reducing the number of chemicals used on-site from 530 "conventional products" down to 12 "less-toxic" products. In addition to big shifts like that, she has helped make the transition from using 140,000 disposable, single-use plastic straws a year to zero waste bamboo straws that are reusable. Their in-room amenity products have also been changed from conventional shampoos, soaps and bath products to a luxury line of "chemical-free, organic and green" products. Many more exciting shifts are in progress.
- Goli co-designed and implemented the most successful Business Environmental program to date for the CITY OF SANTA MONICA. The "Sustainable Works Business Greening Program" addressed: waste reduction, recycling, water, energy use, reducing cleaning chemicals use City-wide. While working with the City, she served as the Co-Chair of Santa Monica’s Chamber of Commerce Environmental Affairs Committee.
- She implemented Electronic Waste recycling programs for Cities throughout the STATE OF CALIFORNIA – helping to reduce thousands of tons of E-waste from being illegally dumped in landfills.
- Goli spearheaded a project with the UNITED NATIONS ENVIRONMENT PROGRAMME (UNEP) and the Earth Communications Office (ECO) and to translate ECO’s award-winning environmental public service announcements (PSA’s) into the six UN languages and distribute them globally. The project resulted in educating and inspiring over 1 billion people worldwide to take environmental actions.
- She worked with the Hollywood industry and the EARTH COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE to produce the media awareness campaign for the International Year of the Coral Reef and for America’s first radio PSA’s focusing on health and the environment.
- Goli implemented a waste reduction and recycling program for PLAYA VISTA's Corporate Offices and wrote the "Green Building Guidelines" for the huge development project in Los Angeles.
- As an Environmental Educator, Goli helped develop and launch a cutting-edge environmental outreach and education program that educated 622,000 secondary students throughout LA County. In partnership with TREEPEOPLE, the LA COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS program called, "Generation Earth," addressed recycling, waste reduction, composting, storm water pollution, and household hazardous waste.
- Goli "greened" the Manufacturing plant for BP SOLAR in Fairfield CA. And the Manufacturing plant for EARTHSHELL CORPORATION in Santa Barbara. Earthshell Corp manufactures a compostable alternative to plastic cups made of corn starch and other ingredients. They were generating a 40-gallon Roll-Off Container of excess material each day from their manufacturing process. Goli helped find a Farm that agreed to pick-up and use the waste as compost. And this alone reduced Earthshell's waste generation by 90% (and thus reduced the exorbitant waste hauling fees.) That's what I'm talking about!! A win for Earthshell. A win for the Farmer. A win for the Planet. A win for the Bottom-Line.
- Goli "greened" the LIGHT GROUP'S Bars and Restaurants in Las Vegas, Nevada, including: Light Nightclub, Jet Nightclub, Mist Lounge, Fix Restaurant, Caramel Lounge + Stack Restaurant.
- After seeing thousands of plastic bottles left behind on the grass, Goli worked with the CITY OF PALM SPRINGS and implemented the 1st ever much needed Recycling Program for the COACHELLA MUSIC FESTIVAL .